06 March 2013

Books and Religion

Solomon's Men by Glenn Starkey
I thought I would take a moment or two to talk about a book that I read this past week. It is an action/adventure book. It has adult situations but at the heart of it, it's about
faith and commitment to doing the right thing. 

I'll admit that I have not studied religious history especially the time of the Crusaders. I've known Glenn Starkey for over a year and I feel certain that he researched things enough so the basic history is true. Just some of the names have been changed to make the book historic fiction.  

The main character, Greg Valdez, is former Military Special Operations who now rescues stolen art pieces to return them to their rightful owner. Only this time his client manipulates the truth. Greg Valdez is unaware of this until he is pursued by some militant monks. When he tries to the right thing, his client turns on him too.  Now if you get past all of the violence that ensues then you'll see something that anyone who believes in the Easter Story will understand. 

Hopefully I've been cryptic enough that I haven't spoiled the book but have enticed you to read it. Beware though, you may want to stay up all night to get to the end.

DeColores,

Lynn Hallbrooks

No comments:

Post a Comment